Development, Mobile

Common Pitfalls That Can Affect Mobile App Development

We live in a high-tech society where app developers are doing their best to design new and state of the art mobile software programs. All of them are willing to find a way to produce ground-breaking apps and achieve success. There are various seminars and tutorials on the internet meant to show you design fabulous apps and gain worldwide recognition. However, note that things are way more complicated; you won’t have the possibility to thrive unless you understand the shortcomings featured by this industry so that you can stay away from them. You are about to see some of the most common mistakes people make in the mobile app development business.

common pitfalls of mobile app development 2

(Source: Flickr!)

Incorporating Too Many Features

Most amateur app developers have the bad habit of including a plethora of features when designing their apps, which is a wrong move. If you want to be a successful app developer, you have to set up a plan, and establish what you wish to design, as well as what features you want to incorporate to attract users. Designing a simple app with plenty of useless features, won’t bring you worldwide recognition.

Pleasing the Consumers

If you establish a close relationship with your clients, and you constantly communicate with them, it will be hard for you to overlook their emails. Don’t take things personal even if the emails are not positive and are filled with observations. Still, you need to keep in mind that updating and performing modifications to your app is both a good and a bad option. It might please those 25% of the consumers who were willing to observe the modifications, but it might also dissatisfy the other 75%. All these customers may not like the fact that the app includes numerous features that they don’t necessitate, and there’s a chance for you to lose several important clients. Prior to making a decision, take into account both advantages and disadvantages included.

common pitfalls of mobile app development

(Source: Flickr!)

Creating Complicated and Thorny UIs

Your app’s first version must have a plain, user-friendly interface. Similarly, customers must have the possibility to utilize the UI effortlessly, and there should be no need for them to inspect the user manual. Besides, when you generate the UI, you need to keep in mind that the majority of users are not experts when it comes to computers, and the only thing that they want is to enjoy the essential functions featured by their cell phones.

Hence, most users won’t like a really sophisticated UI. Usually, customers prefer apps where everything, including buttons and functions, are plainly defined, undemanding to access and use.

Of course, an array of revolutionary apps that include really sophisticated UIs has been launched on the market, and they have been highly appreciated by numerous Smartphone users. In case you are interested in making such a ground-breaking app, you have to incorporate an all-inclusive how-to part, together with a map in order to allow users to take pleasure in all its functions and characteristics.

Too Many Mobile Platforms

App developers need to avoid generating too many mobile platforms simultaneously. In case your first version includes numerous features the price for it will be too high. Plus, this might also affect your app’s chances to thrive. If you want to stay away from this mistake, you have to investigate all the mobile platforms that you can use, and choose the one that works best for you. Besides, it’s not recommended to incorporate the iOS immediately. In case you release a pilot variant of your app, there is a high chance for you to receive the anticipated feedback from the users. Remember that prior to releasing your application, two aspects are essential: efficient marketing tactics and user discovery.

i phone development pitfalls

(Source: Flickr!)

If you wish to become a successful app developer, you must stay away from mobile app development dangers. Everyone makes mistakes, but if you know how to avoid them, you have great opportunities to thrive in this industry. There are so many apps on the market, that it’s getting more and more difficult to build one that’s truly ingenious and original. Nevertheless, technology is constantly advancing, and the mobile app development business will find a way to come up with new ways of pleasing its audience.

Show Buttons
Hide Buttons

Get more stuff like this
in your inbox

Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.